I talk to my clients a lot about good products to use on their hair. The other day, one asked me what MY favorite shampoo was. This got me thinking. I should share my current favorite hair products on my blog because if my readers are like me- they love trying new things AND they love recommendations from an expert.
My Favorite Hair Products
I would recommend all of these products to my clients. I carry and use most of them in the salon:
1. Joico Smooth Cure shampoo and conditioner: These claim to be best for coarse/thick hair but I’ve found that they can help all hair types. Smooth Cure is meant to combat frizz, smooth hair and block humidty. Which is perfect going into the summer! Did I mention they’re sulfate free aka color safe? If you don’t like this particular one, I recommend any of the other Joico shampoos and conditioners, I’ve liked every one I’ve tried.
2. Biosilk: This serum is fantastic. It smells magnificent and makes hair feel even better. To me, the best thing about this product is its lightweight texture. It never feels too heavy, doesn’t weigh hair down and never makes it greasy. NOTE: I don’t apply much of this, if any, to near the new growth/scalp area. I concentrate on the ends and mid shaft. Applying toward the scalp may cause the hair to look greasy.
3. It’s a 10 Miracle Leave In: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this stuff really is a miracle. And it smells great. It’s so easy to apply, too. Spray it in, comb through your hair and BAM all 10 benefits in your hair. This tends to cost a little more than other products I use but it’s worth it. I mean, it does 10 things! And a bottle lasts my thick, medium length hair several months, so you will not be buying it every few weeks. I suggest you invest in the largest size because it’s the most economical.
4. Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm: This intense conditioner is wonderful. I like to use this while a client is still at the shampoo bowl or cover it with a cap and put them under the dryer. The more often it’s used, the more beneficial, but clients always notice that their hair is softer right away.
5. Woody’s Cream (male clients): This product has a great hold but doesn’t make hair crunchy or wet looking. It’s versatile to have at the salon as it provides flexibility to the hair.
6. Kenra Volume 25 hairspray: This spray has been a Stylist’s Choice Award winner for 9 years now. Obviously, it’s fantastic. It provides a heavier hold, humidity resistance and smells great.
7. Joico K-PAK Intense Hydrator: As you may guess, this conditioner is formulated to hydrate, or replace moisture in overly dry hair. I like to apply this over my normal conditioner and leave it on for the rest of my shower, waiting until the end to rinse it out.
8. DevaCurl No-Comb Detangling Spray: This spray instantly softens hair and makes it manageable. I like the formula and the way it feels on my hair. My hair gets very tangly after the shower so this really helps. I do have to use a comb sometimes but my hair feels great in the end.
9. AG Hair Colour Care Texture Spray Defining and Finishing Spray: I don’t like the smell. BUT, I do like the way it feels on my hair. Also, a big thing for me with sprays, it’s an aerosol product so it applies evenly to the hair, which is helpful with a styling product. If I can’t find a better smelling spray I’ll probably make this my go-to.*
*10. Style Sexy Hairspray Clay Texturizing Spray Clay: I’m currently using this and so far, it works well. It doesn’t have much of a scent, which is a big plus. It does leave a slightly waxy texture to the hair so I make sure not to use too much. Luckily, the waxy texture isn’t very noticeable the next day. Perfect for us second day hair wearers! If I can get it to work for me, I’ll use it rather than the AG Hair spray.
There are many great products on the market. The items listed in this post are the most versatile or the ones I reach for with the majority of clients.
Check with your stylist first if you are interested in purchasing these products, always help your stylist out 🙂
Have you tried any of these?
What are your favorite hair products?
Pin this post so you can find these products later!