I’ve been seeing liquid lipstick all over social media for a while now and I’m intrigued. When I see them applied, they look awesome but I wonder how they feel and how long they really last.
So, I decided to give them a try for myself.
I don’t need more lip products, but hey it’s for blogging purposes, right? 😉
Today I’m sharing my thoughts on FIVE raved about drugstore liquid lipsticks.
These are great lippie ideas for the holidays, which are right around the corner! All of the products I picked are under $10. I chose a variety of colors to test. Some colors looked different than I thought they would once they dried so I’m swatching them on white paper so you can see the true colors.
I had so much fun trying these products and hope you enjoy this post!
ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip
- Color is Are N Be (tube says Are & Be)
- Formula applies easily but is the most drying. The color was darker than I thought it would be when the lipstick dried but I think I can still pull it off with my fair skin. This lipstick has serious staying power. It may be harder to remove but you won’t need to reapply it throughout the day. Didn’t notice much of a scent.
- Price Point: $6.00
Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme
- Color is 14 Devotion
- Hardest lipstick for me to apply. The second time I applied this product I let the first layer dry before applying the second and had better results. I did struggle to get the color to apply evenly and not look splotchy. Color dries to a darker shade. This lipstick doesn’t transfer which means it will last all day. Scent isn’t overpowering.
- Price Point:$7.97-8.99
Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Color
- Color is 25 Fuschia Ecstasy
- This formula is really nice! It has a creamy consistency. My lips didn’t dry out at all. Transfers some but feels good even when dry. I like this color and its intense pigmentation. Had a noticeable scent but it went away as it dried.
- Price Point: $6.99 – 8.29
NYX Liquid Suede Creme Lipstick
- Color is Soft-Spoken (04)
- This is definitely a cream formula! Applies easily and feels nice on lips because it’s not drying. This color is a great everyday option, stays pretty true to what the tube looks like. Does transfer a little but I think it stays longer than a regular lipstick.
- Price Point:$6.99-7
Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color
- Color is HD Kisses
- I’m not a fan of the scent but the formula is creamy and stays that way as it dries. Applies easily and evenly. This is another great everyday color. I expected it to be lighter but I do like it. This lipstick does transfer but doesn’t need to be completely reapplied throughout the day.
- Price Point:$7.99-9.99
Helpful hint: Lipstick removers are available from different brands but I used Micellar water to remove these lip colors.
Liquid Lipstick is the newest addition to my lip collection and are already a lot of fun to wear. I can definitely see myself wearing some of these for upcoming holiday events.
I will continue to wear each of these products to see if my thoughts change and to make sure I get good use of them.
Which of these lippies would you like to try?
What lip colors will you be wearing this holiday season?