(Featured image from Brit + Co)
This post contains some affiliate links and I may receive a commission if you click and /or make a purchase.
Can you believe its 2017?
I’m not a “new year and new me” person.
And I don’t do resolutions. But I AM big on goals.
To me, resolutions feel like all or nothing- I did it or I didn’t. With goals, I can measure my progress and then make changes to ensure success.
I like the current me and the direction I’m going and want that to continue.
This past June, I used my birthday as a marker to evaluate my life, both professionally and personally. In that post I explained the discontentment I was feeling and set goals to help make the most of the upcoming year and get to where I (hopefully) would feel more satisfied.
January, a new year, seem like a perfect time to reflect on the months since that post and update my goals.
Before I share my focus for this year, let’s look at some fun highlights from 2016:
Most Viewed Post: No Longer Giving Discounts
Top WordPress Post: Christmas 2015
Personal Favorite Post: Utility Vest
Favorite New Hair Product: Strong Sexy Hair Core Flex
Favorite New Beauty Product: Micellar Makeup Wipes
Brand I Finally Tried and Liked: ColourPop
Product That Intrigued Me: Pixi Glow Peel Pads
Favorite Addition to my Makeup Bag: Light Source Illuminating Highlighter
Product That Impressed Me: Seche Vive Instant Gel Effect Top Coat
Most Ordered Starbucks Drink: Chai Latte
New Bank Job
Joined CoverGirl Insiders
Increased my Social Media Presence
Designed a Logo
I focused a lot on growth during 2016 and looking back I sure did grow.
To keep the momentum of growth going I want to focus on development this year:
- further develop consistency in my brand – CC transitioned from an IG account to show off my work as a hairstylist to a beauty, life and style blog and I’m still figuring it all out.
- create a consistent schedule and spend time effectively
- attract new followers on all social media
- be real and relatable
- network and collaborate
- build my skills and training
- keep trying
- believe in my abilities
- increase financial stability
- be comfortable where I am and not compare my journey – this is especially hard the more I get into blogging
- let go of my fears and expectations
- strengthen my faith and relationship with God
- re-evaluate my priorities and make more time for myself
- continue to recognize my worth and all the people who love and support me
- remember that I am doing the best I can
I hope that by refocusing and putting an emphasis on these areas, the next year will be full of success and happiness. Writing these goals down somewhere so that I can look at them again in a few months (maybe around my birthday ;)) and continue to adjust them. I find that helps me see my success and give myself credit.
I’d love to hear from you!
What were some of your big moments of 2016?
What are you looking forward to in 2017? Do you have resolutions or goals?
Thank you so much for all the love and support in 2016!
Cheers to 2017!